Friday, April 28, 2006

Tell It like It Is.....

Footy tipping

I am a legend....

I was talked into entering the footy tipping comp at the pub. I paid my twenty bucks and was given a fixtures card. The first week was (supposedly) a hard round to pick and I only got four. I will put that down to the fact that I asked one of the guys at work, who coincidentally, is a footy player, who I should pick.
Well, I won't be asking for help again. The next week I took it upon myself to do some research and with the help of a coin, I put in my tips. Suffice to say, I got 7 out of 8 for the week.
Now, I guess that could be taken for a fluke. I even thought myself that it was more arse than class.
The next week, I again did some intensive research ( the trusty coin toss again) and put in my tips. Low and behold, I did it again, 7 out of 8.
Now, these three weeks , combined scores, put me at the top of the comp, along with another chick. That's not bad going for someone who barracks whole heartedly for Collingwood - the most despised team in the league.
Last week, I had to put in a good effort in order to maintain my high rank among my fellow drinkers, and it must be said, mostly blokes also in the comp. I did it. I got 6 out of 8, putting me firmly ahead of the pack by 3 points.
I am a legend.
So far this week, I have picked the first game. Now there's only 7 more to go for this round.
I will keep my fellow readers up to date with my progress in this (male dominated) activity, and I hope I can continue to toss the coins to my benefit for the rest of the 18 rounds.
Girl power....or what???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home