Sunday, July 10, 2005

I'm back....

Well, it's been a while. I have been busy at work, trying to get my head around the way things have been done there, and slowly implementing changes to help it run more smoothly and economically. It's been difficult, everyone there is so complacent, and to not isolate myself(or become the "Super Bitch" I was called the other night) is just as important as getting the place ship shape - ha that's a pun.

The other reason I haven't been blogging is that I have become hooked on online poker. It became a bit like an addiction for a while, but I think I'm over the worst of it.

I have to get my shit together if I plan on staying at this place, and I also have to convince the people that work there that I am not threatening their positions. I seem to have that effect on other women in the work place. All I want to do is be able to have access to the systems that are directly involved in my job, but for them to relinquish contol is an obstacle. As I am on premises after the office workers go home, I need to be able to get to the problems that occur after hours, and since they all seem to be so busy, I can't get the things I need in the time frame that I need them to be done. For the size of the organisation, the amount of office staff they have there seems to me to be inappropriate. They should be able to get all of their work done and have time left over. I don't know what they do all day, but they can't be very organised.

My next problem is staff. I need to find some staff that have the same work ethic as myself. I think my standards are too high. I expect my staff to be able to work as hard and as smart as I do, but that's too much to expect. Even if they could take some initiative, it would be better than what I have observed so far. So, how do I find people that can work, that are happy to do only a few shifts a month, and that have a good attitude? I'm at a standstill on that one, but have some ideas. I will probably advertise on some uni job boards, because I don't have the hours to spend sifting through job applications from internet job sites(no one reads the ad past the first line, and I haven't the time to read 400 useless applications).

On another note, Splendour in the Grass is not far off, and I am really excited. I have all the tickets booked and paid for, but I think I will spend all my time worrying about how the staff will cope while I am not there. I hope I can switch off long enough to enjoy the weekend!!

Must get ready for work again, so much to do, so little support.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home