Thursday, April 28, 2005

Tell It like It Is.....: I hate working....

In my whole life, I have only held one other full time job before this one. It was in a bar doing various things from tray service to gaming manager. All the other jobs I held have been in a part time capacity.
I don't think that I am cut out for full time work, I think I am better suited to part time, going to uni or just plain old unemployed status. I find that working full time encroaches on my time. It encroaches on my sleep time, my shopping time, my pinball time, my reading time, my watching TV time, my watching movie time, my internet surfing time, my listening to music time, my eating time, my drinking time, and most importantly my getting sex time. How the hell am I supposed to fit all of these things into a day when I have to be at work for 9.5hs+ per day? Besides all those things that I want to do, what about all those things that I have to do? Like washing my clothes, dyeing my hair, shaving my legs, cleaning up my room, cooking, painting my fingernails, and smoking cigarettes.
I think I was better off when I was a bum, on the unemployment line, scraping up every cent to buy my next packet of cigarettes and 6 pack of beer. At least then I wasn't stressed out about WORK!!!!
If only I could come to work, do my shit, and then go home and forget about it. Oh no, doesn't work like that, I am supposed to CARE!!!!! I am getting stressed out mostly because I won't say that I don't care, I don't care if the business goes down the gurgler, I don't care if I don't have a job tomorrow. I've been there before and I have survived.
I just wish that I could go back to a job where all I had to do was show up dressed fine, remember a few songs, drink a few beers, and then go out and party until dawn. What a life.....my biggest worry then was what new song to learn for the week. My biggest worry now is how to avoid the boss and do anything that resembles work for as long as I can possibly get away with. And getting that right is hard work.
What I am supposed to do isn't hard, it isn't time consuming, it isn't even enough work for a 40 hour week, but the fact that I have to stretch it out and make it look hard and time consuming is becoming harder with every week.
I want to go home now and do nothing for the next 12 hours until I have to come back here and surf the net for a few hours. It seems like a good idea....

4 Comments:

Blogger Munch said...

I sometimes hate working too!!!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Kis Lee said...

yeah, i hear you. it was much easier being a student...then again i don't think i could be a perpetual student. i'd get bored with that as well.

10:20 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

This from a woman who was at work until at least 6.15pm on Friday...

1:38 PM  
Blogger Movin'on said...

I was actually working until after midnight on Friday, but not at this work, I was at this work until 6:15 on Thursday, and I was at this work until 7:15 on Tuesday...I really must clarify. I go to the gym at 5:30pm Monday and Tuesday, 6:00pm on Wednesday, and then I go back to the office to get my stuff, divert the phones and turn on the alarm. So I really have a half hour off in between these times. But I often end up still there becasue the phone starts ringing...and well you know how it is.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home