Friday, May 13, 2005

Well, here I am at work on a Saturday, waiting for an electrician that didn't show. It is actually a really nice day outside, but I've missed the most of it, waiting, waiting, waiting....
I am surprisingly feeling a little more on the up side today. That will all change tomorrow, I am going to hang out with MCITG.
After telling me he wanted to cool it, "to get his shit together", I got the full story out of him.
It seems that his heart belongs to another, about which there is nothing I can do. He felt guilty having fun with me, because he wanted to be with someone else. He is still in contact with this someone else, although I am not sure whether or not he is sleeping with her. The catch - wait for it - is that she is married. He has been with her on and off for over 5 years, she tells him that she has a separate bedroom from her husband (don't they all - rolls eyes in disgust) and that she wants him to move on and be happy. He actually said that he may be waiting for her for another 25 years.
Now, how I feel about this is weird. I am sad that I don't have this effect in him(or anybody). I am angry that I got second best and that I didn't get told the full story from the beginning - then at least I could have walked away before I got involved. I am really pissed that a woman could steal over 5 years from a beautiful and sensitive guy like him to keep him on a leash for her own benefit. If you're married, you either leave your spouse if you're not happy, or you kill them. I told him that I thought she was selfish not to walk away.
I am going to ask him why she hasn't left her husband to be with him if she loves him as much as he thinks. This may not be the best way to keep his friendship - which I am adult enough to do - but at least I will be able to hear what excuses a married woman comes up with to keep her lover in line.
How selfish can someone be, to keep someone hanging on like that for so long? Fuck, if your life is miserable, either deal with it or kill yourself, why drag someone else through all that shit and put them through hell? MCITG is a really sensitive person, I know that sounds lame, but this stuff is making him physically ill. When I spoke to him the other day, he was shaking harder than I was - and for anyone, let alone a guy, that's tough.
What makes you wait around while someone screws your life over?
Geez, I get more depressed and think about killing myself more than the average person, but that's mostly because I make a lot of stupid mistakes, I bring it on myself. I don't let other people bring me down like that, why should I? I am better at putting myself down than anyone I know.
Why do we not look for the happiness that is attainable?
Why do we want what we can't have?
Why do we believe such lies?

On another note, I am going to cheer up my friend Ian - says she from the melodramatic hell of her world - because he deserves it.

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Maybe it's difficult for him too though. You know, if they fell in love but there is a situation meaning they can't be together. I can see why he might want to wait for her.

But you need to get yourself a guy who only wants you. Hey maybe I'll help you pick one out tonight!

9:45 PM  
Blogger elaine said...

He waits for her because he is too scared of finding real love. I've been there before.

She keeps him around because she has a frail and selfish sense of self. I've been there too.

Don't make excuses for either of them. You deserve more than that and better than that.

6:52 PM  
Blogger E in Oz said...

So did you see him chica? How'd it go?

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home