Wednesday, May 11, 2005

You need to know......

I need to tell the whole world that I have the most amazing new friend. He is warm, extremely funny, fantastically clever, and universally loved all over the world. His name is Ian.
He accompanied me to a party in the country last weekend, where he had experiences he has never had before. He met my parents,(which totally shocked him), saw the house where I grew up, saw the town I grew up in, and listened to me talk for 4 hours - both ways - whilst we drove, lay down on a blanket at 3:30am and looked up at the stars with me for an hour in the freezing cold, and had tequila with me.
I can not thank him enough for being there with me, for I am at yet another bad place in my head and he saved me from myself for the weekend.
Thank you, my friend, I hope to be able to return the favour for you one day.

4 Comments:

Blogger hedlund said...

Ian is a cool cat -- you're lucky to get to hang out with him. Hope this comment finds you feeling better!

7:33 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

It was a pleasure - hey, that's what friends are for, right?

8:08 PM  
Blogger elaine said...

yay, for new friends! (and old ones too, of course)

(and I may sew and cook but am not so good with the relationships so maybe not such a good catch after all)

glad you're feeling up!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

So lovely! It's not often that people are strong enough to tell their friends that they mean a lot to them, let alone write it down for all to see.

You deserve good people in your world.

xx

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home