Friday, May 20, 2005

Now......again.....

19/05/05
Well, I've got a book, now I just have to remember the pen.

I had a really nice time tonight with Ian - we have fun - he complimented me in a back handed way - he said it's nice to hang out with a blokey chick...it's funny.
Where to form here? Like the song says - do I stay or do I go now?
The city - you see so many displaced people - they have nowhere to be and nowhere to go. Unemployable - sick, old, infirm, homeless, emotionally bruised, physically battered, at the end and yet they still manage to survive. On handouts, on welfare, leftovers, stealing, begging.
So many thoughts, who really cares? Where do they fit in?I don't feel like I fit anywhere, but what about them? Do they have someone to care about? Someone to care about them? I don't like the city because I can see "them" - it's "us" and "them".

Thanks is an important word. Not enough people say it - say it with meaning - say it ever.

I could spend all day and night writing random thought down.

"Stale cigarettes, cheap perfume, and beer"

looking at my reflection
In the window of the tram
More introspection
Of who and where I am
Going to the city
To see a friend
Look at the people around me
And wondering who gives a damn
About the homeless, the displaced,
The lonely
The people worse off than me
But they're not in my head
So who's to say?

Here I am, cheap perfume,
stale cigarettes, and beer
Thoughts floating around
In my brain
Look over there,
see the pretty - the beauty
Take time out to really see
Forget about the pain

1 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Ha! That's not exactly true - I didn't call you a blokey chick! I believe I said I couldn't see you in a dress playing with dolls, or something like that...

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home